Friday, January 29, 2010

Yay for Art Food

ARTS
After the Putti, the Baby Calamari
By LARRY ROHTER
Published: January 29, 2010
Museums are moving away from the basement cafeteria approach in favor of stylish restaurants that offer fine dining to go with the fine art.

My view:

I just want to say that it is extremely refreshing to see museums still surviving in these unfortunate economic times. Most of them are free, yes, but donors are having to protect their pockets a little more.

I have visited the Smithsonian museums 3 or 4 times and I remember the food being both expensive, and kind of disgusting. There weren't many options, and it was hassle to exit the museum, and then have to wait in line to get back in. I'm glad that museums are seeing these restaurants as a way to survive, and also to keep their patrons happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment