Sunday, February 14, 2010

Hey, it works.

The fashion world has always been some sort of underground party that looks glamorous in photographs but makes me wonder if it is all that spectacular. Celebrities (whom most likely barely know each other) grasp at each others waists and buckle down in laughter, clutching their skinny glasses of champagne.

I bet most of them sit their awkwardly, just like a lot of us do at an event where we don't know anyone. The people that do know people cling to each other in desperation.

'Don't leave me with these people,' they would sometimes whisper, tilting their sunglasses that they refuse to take off indoors, pulling at their waist high skirts and ruffled tops.

I don't think Lady Gaga has fashion sense. I don't think she is bold or daring. I think she gets paid a lot of money to wear those outfits, designed by the kookiest designers all in an attempt to gain a little fame. It works though.

Published: February 12, 2010
At fashion shows, V.I.P. status is defined downward, and fashion is not amused.

No comments:

Post a Comment