Wednesday, February 3, 2010

YAWN

Why is it that I find local news so freaking boring? The Gainesville Sun's own business editor wrote a story on a local independent bookstore, and I found myself yawning into my arm. The quotes were basically the same, "We're sad to see the bookstore go" or "Why can't Gainesville support a place like this". Yawn, yawn, yawn!

Why not, "I remember the first book I ever bought here, Howl. It changed my life! I will forever be indebted to the bookstore!". Wow, that would be a great quote.

Those are the questions I always want to ask. Those are the questions that people want to hear. Everyone gets mopey when a local business closes, why would we want to read what we already know?

The Story

Oh, and what's with that black dot at the bottom-left of the picture. I think the photo editor was scared to crop out the purse a little bit, but I think the picture would have still looked fine. The focus is the empty bookshelf, not the student.

No comments:

Post a Comment