Sunday, February 14, 2010

I Can't Even Remember

I understand that people are concerned about what children today learn in school, but we have to face the facts, children are being bombarded with too much information. I can barely remember anything I learned in elementary and middle school.

Columbus sailed the ocean blue? Sometime in 1642? Harriet Tubman helped slaves onto a railroad built underground so that they could escape the mean white people? There was a Holocaust in Germany and many Jewish people died? Hitler was a vegetarian? Something about Salinger and biology?

I'm being a little sarcastic. Seriously, I thought there was an actual railroad underground and my little 7-year-old self was so impressed with the advancements of technology back in the 1800's.

Published: February 14, 2010
Conservative activists on the Texas Board of Education say that the authors of the Constitution intended the United States to be a Christian nation. And they want America’s history textbooks to say so.
This article doesn't even get to the point made in the title after several paragraphs. I understand it is from a magazine, but aren't magazines still required to keep their readers' attention?

No comments:

Post a Comment